Child & Play Therapy
Being a child isn't always as easy as it seems. It is normal for kids to have short-lived emotional reactions to conflicts and difficulties at home, at school, and in social situations. But what happens if your child's sadness, anger, or fear does not disappear?
As a parent, you know your child best. Even if there is no clear cause for their changed behavior, if your child seems moody, sad, withdrawn, or fearful, he/she is telling you they are dealing with something they can't handle alone.
Let us help your child find their smile again.
Signs that your child could benefit from therapy:
- Insomnia or increased sleep
- Sudden changes in appetite (especially in adolescents)
- Mood swings
- Periods of sadness, tearfulness, or depression (including remarks about suicide)
- Severe anxiety when the parent leaves
- Refusal to go to school
- Isolation or social withdrawal
- Overly aggressive behavior (biting, kicking, hitting)
- Learning or attention problems (ADHD or similar)
- Behavioral problems (acting out, bedwtting, eating disorders, etc.)
- An incrtease in complaints about feeling sick or unwell
- Drop in grades or disruptive behaviors at school
- Fear of sleeping alone
- Signs of alcohol or substance abuse
- Suffering from a serious or life threatening illness
- Known abuse (sexual, physical, emotional)